Sunday, January 30, 2011

I really enjoyed this module and weekly readings. When you think about it, it is amazing how two photographers with the same equipment can create two very different images. The same goes for any art or even many fields of study.

One of the assignments mentioned that it is not the better camera that creates the better image. It takes talent and study to have the ability to compose a work of art. I also liked that in the module we looked at different formats that images are presented. For instance we looked at the difference between two business cards and flyers. I think being able to compose an artistic image is taken for granted in education and that it should be taught to more than just graphic design majors. In all employment experiences I have had from age 15 to now, I have utilized art and design training even though I still have a lot to learn about design. It could be a college job where they ask to draw the specials of the week on a board for the restaurant to designing the program for an upcoming conference. It is a skill that is valuable in many fields.

I always like to add an image to my posts, particularly wordy posts, so here are a couple of images from our project this week. The first image didn’t take much time to compose and the second is an image that took more time to align and capture. I hope to continue to build my skills in photography. My husband is a videographer and often asks me to critique his work prior to sending it to a client. This module has helped give me the proper vocabulary to do so.


1 comment:

  1. You remind me that both the teacher and the photographer require talent at creating images that spark the image-ination.

    ReplyDelete